The American Burns Association recently held its 49th annual meeting in Boston, Massachusetts and Mr Jonathon Pleat, Restore’s Director of Research, was one of the UK representatives in attendance. Healthcare and research professionals from across the world came to the conference to share their work and discuss their findings. Research topics presented include:
- The application of stem cell technology to improve burn wound healing.
- Preventing burn injury progression by targeting the breakup of blood clots.
- Novel approaches to monitoring burn depth using bedside devices.
- Improving the pigmentation of skin substitutes.
- The use of ablative lasers to treat inflamed scars.
By Majid Al-Khalil, Restore Student Fellow